Inspired by Jamie Oliver's Traybake Smokey Beans I saved some pasta sauce from the previous night's meal and transformed it into a Mexican feast for 2.
- 1 quantity pasta sauce;
- 1 small can chopped tomatoes + a can full of water;
- 1 can mixed beans, drained;
- 1 red capsicum chopped into bite-sized pieces;
- 1tsp toasted cumin seeds;
- 1tbsp sweet paprika;
- 1tsp (or to taste) dried chilli flakes;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Precook the capsicum lightly in a small frying pan then simply place all the ingredients into an oven proof dish. Mix everything through and place in a preheated oven at 200C. Let cook for 25-30 minutes the sauce should be thickened, check for seasoning and adjust if necessary. We enjoyed this topped with chopped fresh coriander. Simple and delicious!